When "search" is added to Console, there a few things we should consider as options.
- Global Search: A field on DASHBOARD that allows the user to search all database items across the organization.
- Tag Search: Ability to tag and search for tags in the system.
- Localized Search: A field on EACH SCREEN (AppWAN/Services/EPGroups/Clients/Gateways/Etc.) which allows the user to search all database items within that screen, or subsection based on current field highlighted (for example, search services on Gateway Screen for a specific Gateway highlighted).
- IP Search: The ability to search for a specific IP in a Service in the system. This would return the Service's name for the IP searched for.
- This would be useful for a user trying to figure out if an IP is contained within a Network Service or is explicitly called out in a Host Service.
- A-Z, Z-A Sorting
- IP CIDR and logical Ascending/Descending Order Search (IPs)
- Creation / Last Modification Time Ascending/Descending Order Sorting
- TRUE/FALSE Ascending/Descending Order Sorting (Online/Offline of Devices)
- Two Layer Sorting
- This is very useful for sorting out large datasets (IE: First Online/Offline, then A-Z)